Who Can Apply for Membership?
Any Goddess-supporting coven or solitary can be eligible for membership in the Covenant of the Goddess, if certain criteria and requirements are met. All inquiries into membership should be sent to the National Membership Officer. If the coven or solitary is in an area near a Local Council, the National Officer will forward the inquiry to the local Membership Officer, who will respond.
General Criteria for Coven Membership
* Generally focus theology and ritual, etc., around the worship of the Goddess and the Old Gods (or the Goddess alone).
* Believe in and follow a code of ethics compatible with that of the Covenant.
* Have been meeting monthly or more often for at least six months.
* Have three or more members who have been formally accepted into the clergy.
* Be a cohesive, self-perpetuating group
Requirements for Membership
Full Membership: The applicant must be recommended without reservation by members of two different covens or solitaries that are known to the Covenant.
Provisional Membership: The applicant may receive one letter of recommendation, and then has a year and a day to obtain the required second recommendation to achieve Full Membership status.
What if you don’t yet meet the requirements for full membership? You may be interested in our Associates Program. Should you decide to become a CoG Associate, you must submit the following:
- A completed application form
- A Letter of Introduction: This should be written by yourself. It must, first and foremost, state that you are a Witch (or Wiccan), that the Goddess is the primary focus of your Worship (although the God may be worshipped, as well) and that you adhere to the Wiccan Rede (An’ It Harm None, Do As Ye Will). It should also state that you agree to subscribe to the Code of Ethics outlined in the CoG By-laws (attached to the application form). Your Letter should say that you wish to become a CoG Associate and should include some details about you (or your Coven) such as length of time in the Craft, level of training (if any) and any Tradition or Culture you practice within or feel drawn to.
- A Letter of Recommendation: This is optional, it is a letter written by a member of the Covenant (or someone known to the Covenant, such as a former member) recommending that you be accepted as an Associate.
The appropriate Membership Officer (National or Local) shall verify information regarding the criteria and requirements. Please see the CoG Bylaws for further information on membership requirements.
For More Information
Please refer to our MAP for more information about CoG in your area or contact our National Membership Officer.